Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Christmas Joy

My family has always loved visiting a live nativity.  
It always helps us refocus our hearts during the Christmas season.  

This year we thought it might be neat to 
bring that Christmas Joy to others.

The kids were pretty excited about the idea.

So, we all picked our parts, 
and ordered some costumes.

Then, at noon on Christmas Eve, 
we piled into our SUV
and drove to the busiest road in town. 

I'm sure we were quite the site with 
our giant car load of angels and shepherds tumbling out.


The very first car to pass, 
stopped in the middle of the road,
 and yelled out the window, 
"That's awesome!"

The kids were beaming.

The cold wind was blowing hard 
but the kids were ready to roll, 
and we started across the top of the hill. 

Mary & Joseph started off first.
The angel waited till they got far enough ahead
 and started on his way.

I bent down to help Blue adjust his mittens 
while the others took their cues,
and when I looked up my heart was deeply touched. 
I had the best view of it all.


It was beautiful.

The faces in the cars were priceless,
drivers honked,
mamas pointed to show their kids, 
smiles were pressed up against the glass with wide eyes.
We waved and smiled back, so excited that people were enjoying seeing Mary and Joseph walking down the road.


And as we rounded our last corner and the star was tiring out...


the little sheep leaned down and whispered something in his ear 
and the little star took off running down the road.



It was the best Christmas present ever.






Happy Birthday Jesus!


I highly encourage families to start their own Nativity walk.
It was a true blessing to us all!
Please let me know if you do so I can post a link to yours next year.

6 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

That truly is awesome! What an experience and a blessing for all. The pictures are just precious.

It's me said...

This is so Nice.....love your children ..you have such a beautiful Family ....love from me happy new year love from me Ria x ❤️❤️❤️

Little Penpen said...

Libbie, you guys are awesome! I would have LOVED to have been one of the people receiving this wonderful gift from your family that day. The kids are adorable!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I can't stop smiling!! What a precious and beautiful thing to do.

It's me said...

Hello Libbie....how are you and the boys and Annie?....and your dog ?.....long time ago.....hope you wil start blogging again soon i miss you....Thanks for your comment on my blog yesterday...everything is Allright here...love happy week from me Ria x 💋❤️

Anonymous said...

I love what you guys are usually up too. This sort of
clever work and reporting! Keep up the good works guys I've
you guys to my blogroll.