Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Finally made it...

Annie has been asking me for weeks
to make her a checklist with things to do each day. 
 
I had her write me a list of things
she wanted to do everyday & I typed it out.
 
She said, "I didn't put homework on the list."
I said, "No, but I did."  

Any good mom would right? :)

I also added in the do something nice part hoping
I might benefit once or twice.

She said, "I have to do something nice everyday?!!!"

 
Just for fun we made the checklists into a tablet.
 
Have you ever made one?
You just need these.
The jars are just weights.
 
Cut the papers & make sure they are exactly the same size.
I stacked all the tops halves together
& all the bottom halves together. 
(That helps the writing line up better.  Makes the tablet neater.)

Line the pages up as perfectly as you can and
paint the edge with Elmer's school glue.

 
Then just smash it between a cutting board
& a pan with weights. (cutting board just keeps your table clean)
Apply a few coats of glue as it dries &
Waa laa!
Tablet!
 
I also made each kids their own pad with their name on it.
 
It is really easy to do them all at once. 
 
Just stack every one's tablet paper together in one big pile
& then glue them all together. 
 
Then when they dry you can just tear them off in chunks.
One thick pad becomes 4 little pads.
Breakfast had some busy,
 
happy,
 
productive,
 
little people.
 
Just the way I like them.
 
After school Annie is going to make one for her teacher.
They would make great teacher gifts OR birthday party favors!  Slap on any pic to suit your theme!
 
They would  be cheap gifts for teachers to make with their students for gifts for parents too.
 
Hope you have fun with them! 

9 comments:

Teresa said...

What a great idea!
The kids are getting so big now.
Sorry I've been absent. Life... LOL!

It's me said...

What a perfect idea.....love it !!...happy familly week...love Ria...xxx..

Auntie Cake said...

Very cool. Maybe one day I will benefit from the "do something nice" too.

I think Rocco needs a checklist that says "give Auntie cake a hug" or something else on it...

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That should keep her organized and the things you added are definitely important! Love this idea.

Unknown said...

You are the cutest! What a great idea, and in all these years of my own little kidletts growing up, I have NEVER thought to do that. (You learn a lot these days on Pinterest and in the blog world, huh?) I love that you put "do something nice" on Annie's list. I bet she already does at least one something nice every day and just doesn't realize it! :)

Martina said...

Such a great idea - love it!

dee -@ The Old Fat Hen said...

great idea-i think i will do this for teacher presents-thanks-love dee x

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very cool idea! I've just been reading your past post and LOVE the cupcake Valentine box! You are a great Mom!!!
Warmly,
deb

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Those little personalize notepads are absolutely adorable. What a great idea! :) Have a good week, Tammy