Thursday, April 10, 2014

Lately

Lately, I've been looking in the mirror
& wondering who that lady is staring back at me. 
 
When did I get so old?
How did I gain so much weight?

Taking a selfie is very hard for me.
 
(took this selfie just for you :) 
 
One thing I can't get over is that I look like such a mom!!!

(this one was to show my mom my new hair color :)
 
So, I make plans
...to look younger...
to get skinnier.
 
I was thinking of getting out my old pilates video
& then I remembered:
 
Last time I went to pilates with my sister Kate at the Club,
there were only about 10 of us in class.  The instructor walked around while we were pilatisizing, she encouraged each member, telling them what they were doing & how strong they looked...but she always passed me by.  Then, right before class was over...she stopped in front of me (I was determined to look strong as she looked me over), she cocked her head to one side & said in the most unsure voice I had ever heard,
"Your neck is in the right place." 
 
Oh my....maybe I'll just embrace the whole mom look
& just decorate my selfies
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and my personal fave:
 
  
Yes...Option B is sounding much easier.
 
Saved me a lot of calorie burning tonight.
It's always good to have a plan B.
 
Since I am sure you all want to decorate your own selfies now...I used the Photofy App.
 


 

12 comments:

Auntie Cake said...

Well, ya know, it IS important to have your neck in the right place...

And I have been craving that class for the last couple of weeks, it didn't seem like we were working that hard, but man, I sure hurt the next day, so we did work our tails off. Walking is just not the same. Looking for a jump rope!

Jo said...

Getting older is tough. I'm coping with the same thing. Hope you can figure out an exercise routine that will work for you.

Little Penpen said...

LOL you are soooo funny. And you look great , btw! your neck is perfect! ;) ;)

It's me said...

Wowww you looking great darling !!..no worries !!!...smile ..)))...love from me...x !

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your so young and pretty.....
Enjoy what you have, if you feel you need to exercise more or eat healthier go for it! This is the time to embrace who you are and love yourself. There is a time between 30 something and 60 where it passes by in the blink of an eye and you will suddenly miss the person you are today!

Bunnym said...

Everything is in the right place...especially your heart. YOU ROCK!!!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Like sweet Bunny said YOU Rock!
Take it from someone who is OLD you are not old. YOUR a gorgeous young lady who is the best Mom ever.
Love these selfies of you!
I would imagine you getting plenty of exercise keeping up with Annie, Bo, Rocco, Roo and Kit. Also that handsome hubby of yours so relax your not showing any signs of aging.
I did post a picture tonight of me with my grand babies so come by and see what old looks like hahaha
Love ya honey
Maggie

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Like sweet Bunny said YOU Rock!
Take it from someone who is OLD you are not old. YOUR a gorgeous young lady who is the best Mom ever.
Love these selfies of you!
I would imagine you getting plenty of exercise keeping up with Annie, Bo, Rocco, Roo and Kit. Also that handsome hubby of yours so relax your not showing any signs of aging.
I did post a picture tonight of me with my grand babies so come by and see what old looks like hahaha
Love ya honey
Maggie

dee -@ The Old Fat Hen said...

Libbie I think no I know you are the most beautiful person I know both on the inside and out-love dee x

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Ha-ha! Well, I think your role is mommy is the best role you could have and one that you do very well, though you may not think so at times. You have a precious family and are so blessed. I was just washing dishes earlier and thinking to myself, I'll be 50 in 2 years. 50! How did that happen? I sure don't feel like I am getting older. Okay, maybe certain body parts do. Just watched a video my husband shared with me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjHnWz3EyHs

I sure hope I am like this when I am 80. :) It gives us all hope, right! Best wishes, Tammy P.S. I think you are beautiful and I bet your hubby and kids do, too.

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL Lib!
This weekend my niece (she's 5) told me "Auntie Dawn, you don't have lines on your eyes like Daddy!"
Not sure that means i'm young, but I'll take it! :-)

Unknown said...

I love your selfies! You are always adorable and I love your heart! You go girl! You totally in outages me today;0)